Wednesday, June 14, 2006

files files files

My brain is fried from proccessing four horrible files today. Four may seem to you like a small number, but think of it as four one to two hour visits to Hell and you might begin to realize why it seems so large to me. My only relief came from other mundane tasks to be done between files, like shredding paper or filing other files. Files, files, files - my life now revolves around this word. Sometimes I would catch myself chanting it as I deviously snuck away from my desk to attend to "other important tasks" right in the middle of processing - this was out of a dire need to ward off a meltdown of the screaming variety.

The person who kept trying to send a fax to the phone line was not helping.

Ring Ring. Come Lord Jesus. No! ..."General Mortgage..." MEEEP! MEEEP!

This happened at least twelve times in one hour.

In this time of trial, chocolate was my true ally. Except even the chocolates were making demands with their bossy little wrapper phrases.

Listen to you heartbeat and dance.
Send a love letter this week.
Discover yourself.

Luckily we ate them all. I was actually happy to see them go. Never again will I purchase anything with the word 'promise' on it or attached to it in any way. From now on I am only buying chocolate with beer and footballs on the packaging. What would those say inside?

Bros before Hoes
Discover your carborator
Buy yourself a copy of Playboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Urban Bella said...

"Sometimes I would catch myself chanting it as I deviously snuck away from my desk to attend to "other important tasks" right in the middle of processing - this was out of a dire need to ward off a meltdown of the screaming variety..."

I'm sitting in Stir Crazy on Melrose-- it's pretty quiet in here-- until a huge snort escaped my nose and throat...

That hurt.

Files...Files...Fiiiillllleeeeessss!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home