Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Can't Wait for Sunday

Oh Carol at Bremberg Bank, I don't care if you send that Verification of Mortgage.

Oh Sarah at Quality Insurance, I will live even if you never make those changes to the Loss Payee Clause.

Why and how? Easily and with a flourish, because I have taken a mental vacation to the Land of Infatuation. I may still sit here, uncomfortable in the same position for eight hours straight, but my brain is intoxicated with desire. I now think it is of vital importance to look up my horoscope, then his, as well as how our sun signs interact. The astrologist predicts that the outlook is good, thank you very much.

Call me crazy. I won't deny it. In fact, I may just gaze at you with a silly half smile and then start softly singing the lyrics to a song entitled I Can't Wait for Sunday, which is being performed in the musical inside of my mind.

Sunday...
I can't wait for Sunday
The most magical day
oooof the weeeeeeeeeeek

Thursday...
whyyyyyy is it Thursday?
Oh the time it just drags
I can't stand it, no nooooo

Oh Sunday
I can't wait for Sunday
for that's when I'll see
my lover agaaaiiiiiin

As you can probably tell, it's a first rate musical, a little bit like West Side Story except there are no rival gangs and in the end the protagonist lovers end up together. So really it's almost nothing like West Side Story or any successful musical ever written. Furthermore, I don't really like musicals, and that is why this one is destined to remain locked in my mind only, forever. I know this must be a great disappointment.

The one thing that is better in my musical, and that I wish I could share with you, are the costumes. Yes - big, flouncy, sexy dresses and lots of flying around, making them ruffle, puff, flow and do everything a dress is meant to do. Oh, how I love my musical.

2 Comments:

Blogger Urban Bella said...

That's a hit song you got there!

hee hee

11:44 PM  
Blogger fashion skool said...

like I said, first rate. took me years to write it. too bad you can't hear the muscial accompaniment

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home