Friday, June 30, 2006

out of the cage

okay, okay. I admit it. I went out with him (Fantastic Young Man) last night and ditched my Sister Slumber Party. I am a horrible person...with a somewhat valid justification. The plan was that he was going to leave around 9 However, we were going to my Intern Appreciation Night (read: Party! yessssssss) and got off to a late start. Then we got lost (and it really was MapQuest's fault). After finally finding the place it was almost 9 already. Well one can't arrive at a professional-social function to which one has RSVPed for two and then immediately leave without eating or drinking anything, can one? So we ate, we drank, we mingled. He was sociable and adorable and just great in general. I didn't want him to go. And besides, by this time it was surely too late to attend the Sister Slumber Party, right?

Well apparently not, because I got a call around midnight - by this time I was actually back home - from my BROTHER wondering if I was okay. Turns out my sisters had been trying to reach me to see if I was okay, but I was in such a state of euphoria that I didn't even bother to check my messages. Good grief. Yes, I should have called to report that I was not coming over after all. On the other hand, this is why I hate making plans in the first place - because then people worry about you.

It is funny actually, because most of the time they have no idea what I am up to and they are not worried. I could be doing any dangerous and deadly thing and they wouldn't care because they did not know about it. Yet they think that just as we are about to get together (though they knew I was attending a party beforehand) THIS is when I am crumpled unconscious and bleeding in the middle of the road. I have actually gotten in a car accident (not a very serious one, but still) and no one was worried!

Anyway, now that the moment is over I am obviously feeling a little post-infatuation guilt. I feel bad that I blew my sisters off, especially since one is visiting from California and I never get to see her. And now last night, which could have been fun sister bonding, is over and who knows if I will even get to see her again before she leaves town. On the other hand, spending the night with Mr. Sexy sure was fun...

1 Comments:

Blogger Urban Bella said...

Since I wasn't the "Sister from California" you so carelessly left slumberless, I won't blame you. (DON'T YOU DARE DO IT TO ME, YOU HEARTLESS...!)

So. With all your blabbing you forgot to tell us about Mr. Big---er, Mr. Sexy...

Pray, tell.

Seriously.

Tell.

Now.

Now.

NOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW!!!!!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home