Friday, June 30, 2006

work related

It's been busy here in the mortgage business - month end, you know. I have been processing like there is no tomorrow. Although if there really were no tomorrow and we all knew about it I suppose people wouldn't be going to all of the trouble that taking out a loan entails. They would be spending time with their family or skydiving or whatever they need to get done before the apocalypse. And if there were no tomorrow I would certainly not be sitting in this office processing loans. Although clearly I'm not processing or doing anything that could be called work right now. If pressured for explanations I could call it work related since I am writing about work, now couldn't I?

Yet, cold, hard truth be told, I am presently residing in one of those inertia moments. Having done actual work nonstop for several hours - perhaps even days - straight, I came to one of the final things on my to-do list. This to-do item entailed making a copy and sending it to a broker. Well, since a coworker had taken over the copy machine for what promised to be awhile, I went back to my desk where I began to do nothing. I told myself it would be a small break, just until the copier was free. But now quite some time has gone by, so much that she has gone from the machine but may now be using it again, in which case why should I even bother to walk over there? Instead I will eye the one remaining Kiss lying lonely in the chocolate jar on the corner of my desk and contemplate how this single Kiss coincides with my Last Day here, which seems appropriate. Conclusive. I should be happier about getting set free, but I am actually a little bit sad.

Speaking of Kisses, things are still on with Fabulous Young Man. Thinking of him makes me smile and gives my heart a little flutter. Oh he is hot and sweet. A smarty as well. Stylish. Easy-going. This list could go on and on. I know this excitement won't last forever, but it sure is nice for the moment. I am daydreaming...

...Back at the Office it's time for lunch. Because it's my Last Day we are going out to eat. On the company account, naturally. It may have been one of the most mind-numbing jobs I've ever had, but at least they're sending me off with a grand farewell. And scared but excited I must move on with my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home